Monday, June 18, 2012

Hi! I'm Mrs. J. I'm so excited to begin blogging here! I'm using this first posting as an opportunity to introduce myself and share my intentions for this blog.

In a nutshell I am a 39-year old,  married ( for 18 years), stay-at-home, homeschooling, mom to 6 children still living at home and I am also an Army mom to a grown son who is currently deployed overseas. If you're keeping track that's seven children and I am expecting a baby in January 2013. I also attend college at Liberty University Online in the  Business program and will have earned my degree next spring. However, I consider my family to be the work I have chosen as most important in my life and I have a wonderful husband who shares the vision of raising a big, beautiful family with me. I have been extremely blessed and thank God for spoiling me like He has.

When I was a little girl back in the 70's I remember how my precious mom who stayed at home to take care of us used to take us "visiting" at the homes of some of her friends in our little town during the week. We used to run off and play with the other ladies' children while Mom and her friend(s) would chat, share recipes, housekeeping tips, praise and prayer requests,  and laughter while they sipped their coffee. I loved going visiting with my Mom and have some great memories from those times.

The purpose of this blog is to go visiting and share fun things from my everyday life with my readers. My life as a mom of 7  is very full and I feel like I have a lot to share with others that they may find useful or interesting and sometimes just funny!! I think writing a blog is a great way to go visiting and share some of the things listed above with my readers. Hopefully many of you will want to come visiting to my blog on a regular basis to get to know me and share my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment